Sunday 3 June 2007

Growing

I cant believe it was April when I posted my last post !!! The last month has been a total blur and I dont know where the time went.
I guess that the main event here over the last few weeks has been the development of our (small) vegetable patch in the garden. We have spent alot of time clearing the area and removing hundreds of weeds, but they say that "If a job is worth doing then it is worth doing well". We now have, Leeks, onions, potatoes, courgette, Beetroot, Tomatoes, Peppers, Chilli, Carrots, Parsnips, Turnips and Strawberrys growing in our own little spot. I have waited for years for the day when I was growing our own, we also have a selection of herbs growing. I cant wait for the first veggies to be ready !!!!
These are the pictures before the planting, I will have to take some pictures of what we have planted soon..



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you said you both were going to garden all weekend. Did you do all of that clearing out in just 1 weekend? I can't wait to see the recent pictures.

My tomato plants seem to be taking forever, UGH! They are like 3-6 inces tall. We have a LONG way to go. Lettuce has sprouted up and all 4 of my soon-to-be avocado trees have now sprouted up from the dirt. I am soooo excited.

I planted some flowers (mums) in the front yard yesterday for color. I hope they take. Last year they didn't do too well on one side. I got these ones on a clearance sale so I'll only be out a couple dollars if they don't take. :-)

Anonymous said...

By the way, I went to water my planters that had little lettuce sprouts that had popped up and I found out that my 3-year-old niece must have thought they were weeds and pulled them out last week, LOL! That little stinker! She only got to about 5 of them but this will give me the opportunity to teach her what we are doing and get her involved. After all, what kid doesn't love to get a shovel and do some digging.

Little House By The Sea said...

Well I guess she was trying to help you in the garden and had the best intentions...lol