Tuesday 17 April 2007

Simple Things

Now I know that what I should be doing is ironing, HOWEVER the garden was calling for me to take some pictures and get them posted on here. I love my garden, it is a place that I can escape to and do many many things. I am just learning about gardening and have the attitude that if something works then that is great, if it doesnt and the plant doesnt take then I learn from the mistake. I have some garden books but have keen gardeners on the end of a phone, You know who you are.. Thank you as always.

Here is a close up of the flowers on the "Broom" in my garden followed by a picture of the whole thing.



This is the "Rhododendron" I took a close up picture because it is been covered by the broom. Once the flowring is over i hope to move the brrom to a corner of the garden where hopefully it will grow and not shadow other plants.


I cant remember what this plant is called.This is the close up picture of the tiny flowers on it followed by the whole thing. The flowers sadly dont last for long before they all fall off and look like snowflakes on the floor.



At the front of our home we have a glass porch which receives the full sunshine making it a nice warm place to keep plants until the weather is good enough to plant out. Here are Marigolds and another plant which I cant remember the name of. These were kindly donated from my father in laws greenhouse


Here we have Marigolds, Chives and turnips again kindly donated (Well his greenhouse was packed full so I am sure he wont miss afew plants, just how many did he really need anyway!!!)


These are Mint, Cucumbers and Tomato planted by my dear Husband.


This is a close up picture of the Acer we received for our 7th wedding anniversary, it has copper coloured leaves which are just starting to show (looks abit like a dead twig at the moment) and copper is for the 7th wedding anniversary.


Boarders waiting for seeds to grow. They have cottage garden wild flowers planted in them.



Corkscew hazel


Apple Tree Blossom. A bithday present from Andrew a couple of years ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the close-up pictures of the flowers. Your flower beds look lonely for some plants. It looks like they'll have company soon. :-)

Mary said...

Your garden is coming along just fine - lots of new plants awiting their new homes out in the dirt! I think the white shrub looks like a spirea - the blossoms are certainly exquisite. The broom is beautiful, hope it will transplant easily - it's BIG!
Nature is amazing - so much beauty, takes one's breathe away!
Hope you'll visit me - have posted pics of how my garden is doing, and will have lots more as the season warms up and things really get going!

Little House By The Sea said...

Mary, as soon as I read "Spirea" I knew that this iswhat it was called. My Parents in Law gave it to me and I remember them telling me the name (on more than one occasion)..
Thank you

Barbara said...

Hi! Sarah

This is my first visit. A fellow gardener. Come visit me if you have the time.

RosieJo said...

I have Bridal Wreath Spirea in my garden in middle Georgia, USA. Looks very much the same as yours!