Saturday 6 October 2007

Welcome October


Oh the time is literally flying here. I cant quite believe that it is October already. Things have been busy as usual here but nothing seems that interesting to blog about really. We are still enjoying vegetables form the garden. The courgettes are still growing and we have sweetcorn waiting to be picked for dinner on Sunday, there is still beetroot,leeks and onions. I am so pleased with what we have accomplished with such a small patch of earth. I would love to dig up the whole garden and plant veggies in the whole lot, but as we has new turf laid in the garden a year ago I cant really justify digging the whole lot up. However we do need new turf in the front garden so I could transplant it there couldnt I? heheheh we shall have to wait and see what happens with that.

I love all of the seasons as they all bring their own charm but I do love Autumn and Winter. I love the dark nights when I can snuggle up under a blanket and have candles lit around the room, I have to have lots and lots of candles. A hot cup of tea or hot chocolate is also another must have.



I am starting planning for the christmas season and have enjoyed having the sewing machine out for various craft projects to give as gifts. I have most of my gifts ready and only have my own children left to buy for. This is where I struggle, what on earth can I get them? I have no ideas. I once read a Victorian Poem which said;


Something they want,

Something they need,

Something to wear and

Something to read.



Or as some people have suggested, should we only buy three gifts which represent the three gifts given to Jesus by the Three Wise Men?

I dont think that there can be a right answer and I guess you have to do what fits your budget and your beliefs. I dont quite know what I will do but I do know that no matter what they get they will be delighted and the most important gift you can give a person is you and your time.

2 comments:

nene P said...

I love the idea of 3 gifts at Christmas... I wish I had thought of this when mine were growing. It was always one more, just one more and they had so much, they didnt know what to play with first. You go girl.
I love that poem too!

Anonymous said...

We have done the 3 gifts for Christmas for years now. We keep it simple, fill it with fun activities, and A LOT of family time. We drink a lot of hot chocolate, still have tons from England, and watch movies. I LOVE winter. I hope it gets really cold in our new house. We have a fireplace now and I'd love to cuddle up with my family and watch sweet movies :-)