Friday 28 December 2007

Stepping Back in Time

Back in September I booked tickets to take the family to the open air museum near to our home. It is set in the mid to late Victorian era and to say that I love to go there is probably the understatement of the year. They are normally closed at this time of the year but had openened for a ticket only Victorian Christmas event. We collected the children from school and drove straight there, the poor children had to get changed in the car when we got there. I am not sure who was more excited, the children or me. Ok I think that it was me. Anyway, when we got there we were served hot mulled wine, juice for the kids and either mince pies or donuts. And then we made our way to............


Your transport awaits to take you back in time

You can either take the bus or the open air tram

Upon arrival to the Town, Santa awaits to see you


The Town, all lit up and busy. Carol singers singing,
Hot mulled wine and Hot Roasted Chestnuts for your pleasure

Your cold? Perhaps we should get warm by the Range.


With no electricity thought, this is how dark it actually
was without the flash


Perhaps we should go next door into the Parlour
There is a roaring fire and Gas lighting.

Back down to the market square to listen to the band

Perhaps we should have a look around the shops

Or perhaps we should go back to the house
This was the most wonderful evening, if there is another one next year I WILL BE THERE.
It is like opening a Charles Dickes book and jumping right inside. The gifts the children received from Santa were authentic, Diablos. There were stalls selling a variety of goods, I couldnt resist and bought a kit to make a Rag rug. I think that it will go into the kitchen when I get around to making it.










No comments: