Tuesday 13 November 2007

Remember

Sunday was Remembrance Sunday, in years gone by I would always go with my Gran for her to leave her poppy for her brother who was killed in the war.

Now whilst I certainly dont forget the day and would have normally attended church his year we did not. We decided to take the morning off and we went to the climbing wall for a little family time. I still cant get used to watching my children free climb up a wall (with no ropes) which is about 5 metres high. There is of course a HUGE instructor waiting for them at the bottom and should they decide to exit the wall he is more than capable of catching them. It was so nice to be together as a family and be out doing an activity,sooooooooo I have decided that we need to make more of the time we have together doing something nice rather than the trip to the supermarket for the weekly shopping or trying to get some kind of order around the house.

For the next few weeks I hope to put some posts together about the things we have been doing, it could be anything from chilling out to watch a movie with popcorn or a walk along our beach on a really cold day or even me trying to come to terms with the fact that my children can climb this wall and will do it even if Mother is sat with her nerves on edge. Oh and yes they think it is great to trun around at the top and give me a wave as if to remind me that they are 5 metres up. eeeekk!!!!!!!


3 comments:

Barbara said...

I think it's such a good idea to take family time when you can and you certainly don't have to be in church to remember.
We try to get family time as often as we can whether doing beach walks with the dog or spending time together crafting or playing games - we're into scrabble just now - and I know we are building great memories.
btw I love your tree widget and as soon as I figure out how I'm going to get one too!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah! We are coming to London in a few weeks, it's for sure. Check your e-mail, I wrote all about it. I can't wait to see you!!!

Little House By The Sea said...

Malina,

You have no idea how excited we all are. .. Er well you probably do..LOL.. Cant wait to see you all.

Sarah x