Tuesday 1 July 2008

Catching Up

I am sorry I have not blogged in over two weeks but life got busy and I have been enjoying just ding things at home, although i have been keeping up to date with your blogs. It is funny how a break can refresh your mind and you can overcome bloggers block and come back with plenty to say. I have received many complaints about the lack of blogging (Sorry Mum) so I had better colect my thoughts and get back to it.

24th June was my Birthday, I had the most wonderful few days (yes I managed to stretch it to afew days). The day before I went and met my Mum and one of my Sisters for lunch. I took my camera but didnt get any pictures. The 24th I spent time with my family and we went for a lovely meal with friends.. Here are some of the goodies I received...

My Mum made this for me. I have wanted one for ages and cant seem to figure out how to crochet. I cant wait to snuggle up on the cold evenings or when we go camping. I love nothing better than to snuggle up with a blankie.. I tool this picture of it on my bed but will keep it until the weather cools or we go camping.
Here is a picture for my Mum, she said she hadnt seen my bedroom since we decorated it. I love this room, right now I think that it is my favourite room in the house. It is such a calm and peaceful room.

A view from the other side.


This is our new dresser.
Did I tell you how much I love this room? I could sit here all day and just relax.



The people who know me will know that I have an obsession with all things Amish or reading about the Shaker way of life and also about how I plan one day to have a small house or even a log cabin and live in the middle of nowhere with only my thoughts for company (oh and perhaps a hubby and children, but you know what I mean). Anyway, one of my presents was the above book. OH MY GOODNESS how I love this book. I saw the TV series and enjoyed it and the book is just as good. I love the simple way of life. Dont get me wrong, I know that these people had it hard and they worked all day and life was very difficult. It is the simplicity that attracts me, how they made do with what they had. Yes my home is full of gadgets that are supposed to make life easier for me and I do like having them. But I think that we could all have a look at our lives and see what changes we can make to make our life a little easier or simple. There are lots of things we could change, what would you do?

I love to listen to music, smooth, soft and calming music. this was my gift from my Hubby.


My sister made me this. She does not like sewing but took the time to make me this. Thanks K....


My other sister bought me this as part of my gift. It smells almost good enough to eat but is a candle so I guess I should not. Thanks T and family for this.
Thank you to Leigh for her card, I forgot to take a picture but will soon and thanks to April for her mail.
I had a wonderful few weeks and hope to get back to the blogging. I will have to get some pictures of my knitting and I have lots of other posts in mind.








8 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic birthday! Your bedroom looks lovely and I really like your new blog "wallpaper" - how did you do that? It's very clever! Lucy x

periwinkle said...

belated happy birthday, you got some lovely pressies. Do you remember a programme called Desperado with a guy called Alex Mcarthur ( i think) well he lived in a log cabin and i used to drool over it. Lovely dresser too
lisa x

Jane said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like you had a lovely time. Your blanket is gorgeous and looks very soft and snuggly. Your room looks lovely and very tempting to spend time in. Jane x

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday Sarah. What lovely pressies you got - all that crochet and stitching. Love the book. I remember that programme. My daughter dressed as a Victorian for school yesterday but the look was actually very American Frontier I thought.

Greentwinsmummy said...

happy birthday! you had some wonderful gifts :o) I remember that series & seeing te book you have just sent me fleeing to EBay to get one too!! so shall enjoy that when it arrives lol!
your room looks blissfull o)
GTM

saraeden said...

Snap my birthday is the 24th of June too !!! So im sending you a special belated birthday wish !!

Sara x

Levin said...

happy birthday.
lovely presents. i have to agree with you about the frontier house. i watched the series too and whilst i thought that i could never do it myself, you have to admire those who live that kind of lifestyle. personally i'm not always sure that life is better these days. i bet they slept well at night!
l
x

Summer by the sea said...

Your bedroom looks lovely, so calm and unclutterred, I wish my bedroom looked like that instead of the awful colour schemes and artex I have inherited! - Natalie x