Sunday 13 January 2008

Sad Day


We had a sad day over the weekend when our poor little rabbit passed away. I have never seen my poor daughter look so sad, she had gone out to feed her and found that she had died. So we have had tears and sad faces all weekend.
Our Son, came into the kitchen to find out what had happened and when we told him that Lilly had died he just turned around and said that "Nothing lives forever apart from GOD". It is not that he doesnt care, far from it but he is so practical and down to earth. He did decide later on that she was probably hopping arund in Heaven eating GODS herb garden as this is what she did to mine. Out of the mouths of babes!!!!!

3 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

it is sad when you loose a pet. I am very sorry. Blessings.... Mary

Barbara said...

Sorry about your sweet rabby. I think it's much easier if children learn to be fatalistic early on. My daughter was rather like your son when our last dog died and though it seemed a bit hard to me, who sobbed for days, I would rather she didn't feel as dreadfully sad as I felt then.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your bunny Sarah. It's always very sad to loose a beloved pet. It's tough for a child to experience such a sad thing. Your bunny sure was a cutie.

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com